Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy Chinese New Year!

Oh my God!!! I can't believe January is almost over! It seems as if the New Year has just begun, and yet a whole month has passed already! Anyway, I meant to post this earlier, but it's okay. Abot pa naman ako sa Chinese New Year. Hehehe. (My dad says the right term is Lunar New Year because they follow the lunar calendar, and it's not just the Chinese who follow it but the Muslims as well.) So, before the past year truly ends, I want to share some of the things I'm thankful for in 2005.

The Gift of Friendship. Last year, I really nurtured my relationships with people. I had countless lunches, dinners, coffee dates, and bonding sessions with my friends, both old and new. They helped me to let go and move on at the beginning of the year and have continued to fill my life with meaning throughout the year.

The Goddesses at UCC, The Fort with balikbayans George, Camille, and Jac. Jan. 2, 2006.

My Job. Being Editorial Assistant of Candy is such a great first job! I love what I do and I love the people I work with.

At the Summit Christmas party with Mia C., Ines, Mimi, and Mia F. December 14, 2005.

Reconnecting with my ASEAN friends. The SIF-ASEAN Alumni Conference in Singapore and the fellows’ visits to the Philippines allowed me to bond with them again. This proves that neither time, distance, nor culture are barriers to true friendship!

Having some sinfully good dessert at Cafe Xocolat, Eastwood with Thai friends, Gift and Neuy. December 12, 2005.

Completing the Basic Mountaineering Course and becoming a member of AMCI. It was one of the toughest things I’ve ever had to do in my life but I defied all odds! Physically, emotionally, mentally, socially, spiritually—it has helped me to grow in all aspects of my life.

With the Happy Group at the summit of Mt. Apo. October 30, 2005.

Traveling around the country. Being able to visit more new places in the Philippines (Bicol, Palawan, Davao, Sagada, etc.) made me love and appreciate its beauty even more.

Rice Terraces near Sagada. November 27, 2005.

Ate Tinnah, my unitmates, and ACLC/CLC-P. It’s such a blessing to have people to “come home to” every week—people who understand and accept me for who I am, who listen patiently as I share my experiences, who help me put things in perspective, and who help me deepen my relationship with God.

New Year's lunch at Heaven and Eggs, Eastwood with Unit Merrily. December 31, 2005.

My Family. They have never failed to love and support me, even if I don’t get to spend as much time with them because of work and all my activities. I love them so much!!!

Family picture during the annual Mejia Christmas party. Don't you just love the hats? December 25, 2005.

Incidentally, I took this quiz at tickle.com and true to Chinese New Year form, I found out that my true color is RED (which happens to be my favorite color too!). I don't think it's 100% accurate (I'm not super impulsive and I do think most of the time! In fact sometimes, I think too much! Hehehe!) but I believe it does describe a part of me. If you want to take the test too, click here!

"Your color is red, the color of racy sportscars, blushing cheeks, and luscious roses. Red symbolizes passion, romance, and love. So, since you're ruled by red, you probably trust your feelings more than your brain and tend to act spontaneously. If you see something you want, you go for it without thinking twice — impulsive is your middle name. You don't wait around for people to make decisions, either; you dive right in. Quite the romantic, you pay close attention to your emotions. In fact, if your heart isn't in what you're doing, you won't be satisfied. Of course, even when you do pour all your energy into the projects you tackle, your impetuous nature means your passions can shift as frequently as the wind. That's why some reds have trouble with commitment. Our advice? Next time you're feeling fickle, think before you act, if possible. You might be surprised at the results. Overall, though, it's great to be red. No one lives life more completely than you do."

A Happy Lunar New Year to one and all!!! Glasses

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home